Monday, May 22, 2006

Sick Week

I have to now apologize for being out all last week.  There are only a few people out there who read my blog on a regular basis.  And by regular I mean more than once in a blue moon.   I mean they don’t read my posts just because they did a topical google and it came up 22nd.

I’ve been pretty ill with the flu since last Wednesday, and only now am recovering.  I’m well enough, but am feeling pretty weak from fighting the microscopic beasts.  I got to read a couple of books while I was out of it.  One was the Da Vinci Code, which was OK and difficult all at the same time.  Perhaps I’ll blog about it, since the movie is out and everyone is talking about it.

The other book was Old Man’s War, by John Scalzi.  Great book.  Very Heinlein, with a touch of Orson Scott Card thrown in.  There’s a lot of Cursing, but since everyone is in the military in the story I didn’t think any of it was beyond reason.  Some of it fit well into the story and was quite humorous too.  I recommend it (not the cursing, I mean the book).

During all this time, my wife, who took extra good care of me for 5 days, did her best to keep me away from our only home computer.  Quarantined, you might say. 

Great to be back.

No comments: