Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Soccer. Sensational teenager Freddy Adu made his professional debut this week, scoring in his first non-pre season game with DC United. This kid is still 14. Amazing. He is still growing and will get even bigger. I wonder if that will change the way he plays. Until then, though, I hope I get to see him play this year.
In other news, I hope that the Mexicans calm down a bit about that World Cup loss they had to the US in the second round. They just recently denied the US entry into the Olympics, so perhaps they have their revenge. Their fans were getting a bit crazy. But not as crazy as Italian fans. One game this week had to be canceled because the crowd went nuts when they heard that a police car had hit a child outside the stadium. The report was reversed minutes later, but the crowd was already unstable, so the refs called the game. I just think the crowd needed an excuse to mis-behave really, reflecting on recent history in that country.

No comments: