Thursday, April 08, 2004

Random Posting. I have been pretty busy, and blogging has been light (by me, not everyone else). The Rice testimony has been getting lots of attention and the recent attacks in Iraq are front page news. I've been coaching soccer, swimming with the kids and working. Work is busy.
The only real break has been a viewing my wife and I had of the movie Runaway Jury, staring John Cusak. Ok, it also stars Gene Hackman and Dustin Hoffman, but I rented it because of Cusak. What can I say, I have an unreasonable devotion to Cusak movies ever since Better off Dead. He's had some bad ones, but also some great ones.
I expected this to be a tense thriller with corruption and lots of people with self serving ideals and lots of money grubbing. I was pleasantly surprised. I don't want to give the ending away, but I didn't get the twists and turns until the very end. My first impression was, "Hey, they're making a boring legal process look exciting!" but then was prepared to be disappointed at the ending. Not so. I recommend this movie.

No comments: