Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Randomness

I just got another comment on an post I made last week. I'm skipping in my boots. As always, it makes me simultaneously excited and daunted that people other than friends are reading my posts. I wonder how they find me, as I'm not linked to much (the only blog roll that I'm aware I'm on is RoguePundit's). If I could ask one thing of commenters, that until I know there are lots of people who read my site, I wonder if some of you could include a bit about how you found my blog. I'm just curious, in a little boyish sort of way.

Also, I thought I would mention that, after my rant about how the Supreme Court paid too much attention to the legal systems of other countries in formulating their opinions about things, like they did in the juvenile death penalty case, they semi-redeemed themselves this week.
Justice Breyer wrote the decision, indicating that laws that restrict gun ownership for those who have been convicted of a felony apply only to convictions under US laws, not foreign convictions.
Justice Breyer said the gun law would create anomalies if applied to foreign
convictions, because foreign legal systems have made different choices of what
conduct to regard as criminal. Citing the Russian criminal code as an example,
he said that someone might be regarded as a felon "for engaging in economic
conduct that our society might encourage." A foreign conviction does not
necessarily indicate that a person is dangerous, Justice Breyer said.

Good for them.
Hat tip to Instapundit.

No comments: