Tuesday, August 31, 2004

School zone speed limit in Portland, Oregon, effective 24 hours a day!
OK, when I first heard about this I was quite incensed. This seems like a rediculous waste of policemen's time and effort. I understand that the "when children present" thing is a little subjective and confusing, but there are certain times when you know there are not going to be children. Like say midnight. I have to slow down to 20 at midnight?
As it turns out the article in the Oregonian said that only roads where the speed limit is 25 or 30 miles an hour will this rule apply. Otherwise the rule will only be imposed during certain times.
I have to admit, also, that the first place I heard this was talk radio. Not exactly with it on all the facts now were we.
My first impression about the rediculousness of the 24 hour thing still stands though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OREGON LP "MOLL YA" (DK GREEN)